My Silence is a structuralist, reductionist video and sound piece. It experiments with what happens when you take out the most important element from a specific film. Louis Malle’s feature film My Dinner with André (1981) is a canonized classic in cinema history, a film noted most of all for its brilliant, multi-layered dialogue/monologue.
I re-edited the film without any qualitative preferences, systematically deleting all scenes featuring spoken words on the soundtrack. What remains is the light, the camera movements, the gestures, the body language, the chemistry, the background noise, the silence… total cinema, as opposed to more theatrical, spoken cinema.
- сны футуриста, Kino Yunost, Moscow, Russia, 2019
- Author’s Choice, Pinxinmäki, Sysmä, Finland, 2016
- Action Films, balzer projects, Basel, 2016
- Time Machines, Hämeenlinna Art Museum, Finland 2015-16
- Silence-Fiction, Fish Gallery, Helsinki, Finland 2015
- Society Acts, Moderna Museet Malmö, Sweden, 2014
- A Group Exhibition of Artists’ Films, Carroll / Fletcher, London, UK, 2014
- Ääni-festivaali, Kuopio Art Museum, Finland, 2013
- My Silence, Forum Box, Mediaboxi, Helsinki, 2013
- Social Videoscapes from the North, Elverket, Tammisaari, Finland, 2013